Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Beloved, Darling: Leibster

Recently, I've made a new friend here in the blogging community, Mrs Leslie. Leslie, like myself, is a die hard Sooners fan, loves the Cowboys, and we share other loves like cooking and crafting (aka the typical blogger loves). And recently here Leslie, who blog over at Sincerely, Leslie, nominated me for the Leibster award! I was so surprised and completely honored! Thank you my dear!




Liebster: (der) n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling

So here's the gist:
  • Each person must: 
  • post 11 things about themselves.
  • Answer the questions that the nominator set for you
  •  plus create 11 questions for the people you've nominated to answer.
  • Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  • Go to their page and tell them.
  • No tag backs.

11 Things About Me
  • 1: I am an Interior Designer and I work for the University I graduated from, which I have to say is pretty cool.
  • 2: I have a strange addiction to the colors red, blue, pink and white....basically that is all I have in my wardrobe, I'm working on changing this
  • 3: I have two younger sisters, both of whom I prayed for, both of whom at times I've prayed would go away, both of whom I love dearly (check out one them here where she shares her charmed life of Disney adventures and college ups/downs)
  • 4: I initially didn't get along with my bestest friend, but God gave us time and knew better than I. Couldn't live without her (she shared on my blog, here)
  • 5: In the first few years of college, I was practically inseparable with three other girls, and we called ourselves KaySaDeanaRonica, and yes that's a mashup of all our names. Now all four of us blog! Kayla, Saxon, and Deana, so you should check them out.
  • 6: I work with two fabulous women who've helped me grow in the real world and who've convinced me that babies can wait  a good long time and in the meantime they can just share their precious children with me. 
  • 7:  I adore Pride and Prejudice (for that matter, I adore Jane Austen too). I've read it at least twice, if not three times, seen the two most recent movies that have been produced and used the opening song in my walk down the aisle. (Ps: if you life mash-ups and you life the accomplished women scene, watch this!)
  • 8: I was born in Florida but lived most of my life in Houston, TX...I thought I'd never go back but now I feel myself missing it more and more.
  • 9: I only drink water, only on occasions will I drink lemonade and when I do I basically feel absolutely huge and don't want to eat or drink anything ever again. It weirdly fills me up. 
  • 10: I call my husband a silly nickname a lot. I'm terrified of saying it in public and humiliating both myself and him. 
  • 11: My husband was my best friend all through freshman year, and I never thought anything more of him than that till Sophomore year rolled around...we were engaged our senior year, and got married June 1, 2012
Questions From Leslie
  1. What is the best gift you have ever received?
    Hhhhmmm, I'm a gifts person so it's hard to say. My engagement ring was a stunning gift, also my grandmother gifting me my wedding gown, the pearl necklace my husband, then fiance, got me last year for my birthday...and so  many more...
  2. What is on your DVR right now?
    Let's see TONS of movies because we recently purchased our DISH pack and with it came a couple months free movie channels, we recorded anything and everything interesting (word from the wise: Message in a Bottle...terrible) and probably some HGTV stuff.
  3. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
    If I pick somewhere warm: Florida, St. Pete..you know let's just say our honeymoon and for somewhere cold: Telluride, Colorado (LOVE!)
  4. What is your favorite accessory?
    Pearls, duh! Hence the name of the blog :)
  5. What is your most embarrassing moment?
    Hhhmmm, I have a few, if you noticed my hair is blonde and I've lived through a good number of moments. Let's go with: Sometime senior year, I was in the college (we call is studio) working away on a project, talking to my friend on my phone. Well at some point I had to use the restroom, and like all best friends do, I continued to talk on the phone while using the restroom. Then in a matter of seconds while my phone was being delicately balanced between my ear and shoulder so I could grab some toilet paper with my hands, the door opens and about walks in one of the girls from my class. I still get a red face thinking about that...whoa.
  6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
    Ironically, my co-workers and I were just talking about that yesterday. Well I'd love to explore living in one of the Carolinas. I LOVED Ashville, NC and I've been to Myrtle Beach once. I'd love to check out Savannah.
  7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
    Poking. It should be banned from society. We're not talking FB poking, I mean literally taking your finger and poking someone. Poking and not using your car blinkers. Wrong people. Wrong.
  8. Who is your favorite author?
    Well I basically answered this one above, Jane Austen. Easy.
  9. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? (And more wishes is not an option!)
    Let's just say I'm not very good at these kinds of questions, at one of our showers I was asked what magic power I'd like to have and I said Mary Poppins snapping trick. Loads of laughter that brought on. But anyway, 3 wishes: 1. To relive my wedding day 2. For a perfect white labrador puppy to be given to me for free 3. A house with a wrap around porch (dang, I just asked my husband for this answer and he got me exactly! WOW)
  10. What are the five most played songs on your iPod?
    Goodness I don't even know where my ipod is anymore, I just use my phone now days....well I'm currently loving Taylor' Swift's Begin Again, Mat Kearney's Count on Me (heck his whole album, Young Love), One Thing Remains by Kristian Stanfill, Call Me Maybe was a fun one from the summer, and finally Taylor Swift, Ours ( I know I'm a T swift fan, it's true).
  11. What is the best lesson on life you have learned so far?
    Trust in Jesus. Read His Word. Give up and let God. Rest in His mercy. Believe.

My Nominees
Love these women and their blogs!


My Questions:


  1. What's your college football team?
  2. What's your silliest blog post?
  3. What do you do? What's your occupation?
  4. What's your favorite picture? Share it!
  5. What's your favorite way to wear pearls?
  6. If you're married, what's your favorite gift you got from your wedding? If not, what's your favorite birthday gift?
  7. What's the best surprise you've ever had?
  8. What magical power would you choose to have? (Since apparently my choice was lame)
  9. What pinterest find are you dying to do? Or have done? Share it!
  10. What's your favorite cereal?
  11. What's your favorite dessert?

A picture because this blog post had WAY too many words:




8 comments:

  1. Love your answers!! And I agree with the poking...BAN IT!!! Even on facebook!

    Leslie @ Sincerely, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet, thanks Veronica! I have received this blog award, so I don't know if I'll blog about it, but my answers are...

    What's your college football team?: UW or Baylor. Sic 'em, and go Dawgs!
    What's your silliest blog post?: Oh gosh. Probably the one I'm going to do today about the worst songs that can ever get stuck in your head, 'cuz they never leave.
    What do you do? What's your occupation?: Graduate student, statistics/research methods professor, and overall badass.
    What's your favorite picture? Share it!: Oh gosh. I have no clue. Probably the one of Chloe growling!
    What's your favorite way to wear pearls?: I don't. ;)
    What's your favorite birthday gift?: A plane trip home to see my parents!
    What's the best surprise you've ever had?: A surprise birthday party my sophomore year of college!
    What magical power would you choose to have?: Teleportation. Final answer.
    What pinterest find are you dying to do? Or have done? Share it!: I have no time for crafts or fashion, sadly!
    What's your favorite cereal?: Lucky charms!
    What's your favorite dessert?: Lucky charms! No wait. Buttermilk cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh you and your man are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. My favorite part is you putting that picture at the end. That is totally something I would do. Although ... your words are much better than mine, so you probably didn't need it. Still cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, veronica! thank you SO much for the nomination! you are too sweet!!! i love your photo at the end haha and i hear ya on the white labrador puppy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination, girlie! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for nominating me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for picking me! :) I appreciate the thought, hun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover