Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Mingle: Fall Desserts

Whew! I can't believe it took like two weeks to get all of our wedding things up...and it's not even all of it! For those of you who missed it, you can scroll on the right and find the wedding posts there and stay tuned on Wednesdays for some of the little details of our wonderful day.

In other news, it's MONDAY! It came back around...just as it always does and unlike last week we're all actually going to work and class today, boo! In our house Mondays are the days Kevin does our grocery shopping and laundry, and I go to work, sometimes even coming home to a fully prepared dinner! Yeah, I know, spoiled. Did I mention that he makes my lunch for me on Mondays too? Even though he doesn't have to make his own...maybe I should stop there, wouldn't want yall trying to convince him he's being too sweet, I'd like to keep it this way for as long as it lasts...love you husband!

Back to Mondays, the beginning of a new week. The start of a week's worth of meetings, projects, rep appointments, dinners and evening plans.Oohhhh Mondays. The hardest day of the week to wake up early. Anyone have any Monday tricks and secrets?

This Monday, I'm going to link up with Life of Meg for Mingle Monday. This week's topic? Fall Desserts! Perhaps talking about sweets will jump start this Monday.

Fall brings around one thing that my husband literally counts down to from the second it ends: FOOTBALL. So I'm excited to have some fun watch parties and make some tasty football treats like:

Football rice krispie treats! Found via pinterest...I'd link you to the blog it originated from but the link was invalid so I don't know who to thank for this great idea!











OR

Maybe I ought to give these oreo football truffles another shot...the first time around didn't go so hot(right; you can read about that disaster here)...Bakerella definitely did a better job than me(left).



OR

Pumpkin and cream cheese filling. I've actually never attempted anything like this before so I'm excited for Thanksgiving to come around. And since Kevin has to work on Thanksgiving, hopefully these will help to keep me busy.
















OR

Since we're talking pumpkin...I might as well give pumpkin cheesecake muffins a try too!












OR

These cuties have been hopping around pinterest lately and they just look like such fun to make. I will definitely be hitting up some Snyder's pretzels soon.


















And while I can't wait to get in the kitchen to make the above yummies, this week I will be making the yummies to the right here. Cheesecake Oreo Cookies...who doesn't think those just sound delish!?! Our fabulous and lovely accountant Jamie (she makes beautiful hangers, see here) is getting married at the end of this month and we're having a little office wedding shower for her. Hope these turn out well and I don't have to show up empty handed!


















What are yall looking forward to baking this fall season? With Football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, My Birthday and Christmas there's plenty enough reasons to bake up a storm in the Fall. Link up with Meg!

4 comments:

  1. I can just tell from the pictures in your sidebar that your wedding was so adorable! I love the pink shoes!

    Stopping by from Mingle Monday :) Hope you have a beautiful week my dear!

    Oh, and I don't typically like to promote my blog in my comments, but you should definitely stop by Something Charming on Wednesday and link up for Wedding Wednesday!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... those pumpkin cream cheese whoopie pies are making me drool!! YUM! Thanks for stopping by for a visit and spreading the Mingle Monday love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I got a sugar buzz just from reading this post! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! New follower from the link up, who also loves pink and pearls!! love some of your football themed desserts, might have to steal some recipes!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover