Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"I know the summer will pass happily away"

"I know the summer will pass happily away" ~ Marianne in Sense and Sensibility

Evan's Hall on our beautiful, high of 88, Tuesday!! It was a great day! This is the building you can see in some of our engagement shots.

Summer is coming to an end ever so quickly! I guess that's what happens when you get married, go on a honeymoon and work camp...oh and become a full timer at work.

On Thursday our campus will be overtaken with 4000 eager freshmen toting their families along to help them move in all their nonsense stuff. It will be quite impossible to drive anywhere, getting to work will be fiasco all it's own, visiting projects during the day isn't going to happen, oh and you say you need something from Walmart? Negative, don't even try that route.

So while it's pretty cool that a new class is beginning, it also means peaceful-quiet-few-people-Norman is over...it's back to a time where students rule, figuratively speaking of course. BUT there is a bright side, and that my friends, is that for the FIRST time EVER I will not be joining the craziesstudents starting classes next Monday...I will be going to work. That night, I will throw a party!

In other news, the husband started his adult life job on Monday and has been learning the ropes of professional meteorologist stuff, and that's the best way I can describe it, well okay I know he will be helping route ships around storms but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge...perhaps sometime I'll let him tell you more about what he actually does.

 Being a meteorologist almost always means you'll work weird hours, because let's face it, weather is ongoing 24/7 and people yeah, while it may be sleepy time in Norman, Oklahoma, halfway across the world people are on their ships navigating the rough seas. So husband, in five weeks will begin the odd schedule of working from Wednesday to Saturday, with Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off to recover and re-adjust for a new time schedule the following week. This, bloggers, will be a grand adjustment for us so we would appreciate many prayers. So far it already seems that he will have to work Thanksgiving. SO needless to say we are about to embark on a new adventure which will certainly challenge us but I pray in the end will make our bond even stronger, I know it will, God sees us, God loves us, God has us.

If you missed my post in which I wrote a love letter to my pillow, you probably should be grateful for that. My husband teased me quite a bit about that...regardless I miss my lovely pillow like crazy!

More news, I am looking to sell wedding things. Anyone have recommendations
15 White Linen 60" Round table cloths

My mommy hand crafted these beauties, please excuse my crappy phone pictures of them. There are an assortment of sizes, white styro-foam balls covered in three different things. White paper roses, white pearls and white sparkles.
They really are beautiful and she spent a CRAZY amount of time on them. I am keeping a few because, how could I not?! Plus I think they're going to make great Christmas decor in our little place. But of course I can't keep all of them either, so I need to find a new use for them.

SO anyone interested or know where I should go to try and sell these things?!


Also, I'm linking up today with Wonderful Wednesday Link Up Party over at The Magnolia Pair.
Join the party! Just link up to whatever you're posting about today...
and have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

ps: check out COAST TO COAST! I blogged about it before, don't remember when otherwise I'd link to it ;)! Anyway, check it out at Whispering Sweet Nothing.

2 comments:

  1. so i sort of love your blog... new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up!

    Rachel
    WW co-host

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover