But before we get to today's challenge,
(first picture with the hubby and the new haircut! EEK!, it's sorta sassier than I imagined it might be but it's growing on me more and more)
Now for the 15 day challenge!
When Sar brought up the idea of doing a 15 day challenge about a week ago I was curious...and the more I read, I decided this could be a great way for yall to get to know me a little more. So without further ado, Day 1:
15 Fun Facts about the girl behind Passion, Pink and Pearls:
1. Even numbers are my favorite. Turning the volume up or down? always has to land on an even number...Cooking something in the microwave? even number....and when it came to choosing our wedding date? Well the month and year are even! I might even be a little obsessive about this...
2. I was sorta named after Archie's Comics. My parents being the white blonde beach bums they were, were astounded when their baby girl came out with nearly black hair, solution? Name her after the black-haired girl from Archie Comics. Ironically, not too long later the hair fell out and grew back blonde, never changed it since.
3. My favorite color is pink, and I love pearls..right like that wasn't an obvious one...sorry, I get at least one easy one, don't I?
4. I've never broken a bone in my body. Well that's sorta a lie, I may have broken my pinky sticking in between the door and the door hinge back when I was like 3 but I don't really remember that.
5. I was born in the sunshine state but left before I turned one for Houston so I claim Texas as my home state. Htown represent!
6. I love love love my Dyson vacum cleaner, and I may or may not refer to him as our son...
7. I've read ALL of Jane Austen's novels, seen all the movie renditions of the books, and have even read some of the fan fiction of Pride and Prejudice (I'm currently reading Darcy's Passions)
8. I insist on ironing almost all our clothes, even t-shirts, before hanging them up and putting them away. My husband informs me this is a rare and pretty ridiculous habit. I think it's necessary.
9. The only channel I know on our TV is HGTV. It's pretty much all I watch. That or something on the DVR. Before we got married, my husband thought I watched some other channels, evidently not.
10. We've already named our future puppy and children. We also refer to them quite often as though they already exist, even though children are a long way off and we've not even begun looking for a puppy. Okay, that was about both me and the husband.
11. I'm obsessed with taking pictures of every moment in life. I just want to remember every sweet moment in life. Eventually, I'll get to scrapbooking all of them.
12. Sometimes when I watch TV I turn my head to the side and make some sort of funny face. I can't really explain it, other than it usually happens when I'm confused or intrigued about something. I notice it happening every now and then but usually don't notice myself...husband has recently discovered this odd habit and makes fun of me often.
13. I believe chocolate is the cure for nearly anything, Reese's is the best candy in the world, and ice cream or frozen yogurt is the perfect treat in winter, spring, summer and fall.
14. Like Sar, I eat sorta vegetarian. And when I say vegetarian, I really mean my mom's version of vegetarian. The only meat my mom fed us as kids was fish, and turkey. In college I started eating chicken. So now, I just say I don't eat red meat.
15. I have to sleep in a dark/chilled room, with a cold pillow, under a heavy comforter. If conditions are right, I can fall asleep in under 2 minutes. In high school I fell asleep in the middle of conversations with friends, and movies...my friends got really good at operating our family's confusing TV at sleep-overs. Husband says in the time it takes him to brush his teeth, I usually conk out.
So there you have it, 15 strange and sorta fun facts about me. Do any of these match up with you?
If you feel like joining in on the fun, just head on over to Sar's sweet blog!
One more thing before you go: