Sunday, July 15, 2012

Movies and Compliments

Well bloggers we've made it to our final day of the challenge with Sar. I missed the second to last day due to it being our first day off and hanging with our team. Soooo I will make up yesterday and complete the challenge prompt today as well.

Yesterday's prompt was: if you could only have one movie for the rest of time, what would it be?

That's a tough one because I'm a movie person...I love them! Basically all genres but horror, no thank you/ As I said on Friday's post, my favorite movie is Notting Hill. And while Sar made the point that we don't necessarily have to pick our favorite, I think I am. Notting Hill is a romantic comedy with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant, and it's about her being a movie star and him being some regular 'ole chap who just so happens to randomly meet her and fall in love with her. I love this movie! It's super funny, "we believe vegetables have feelings....so these carrots?...have been murdered, yes," is that line not evidence enough?The humor is sly and nonchalant at times so you have to pay attention to get it all...which makes it a great movie to watch over and over again. It's also loaded with British accents, always a plus! And although in the end they do come together, it's got some twists and turns in it. It also finishes out their story, which is another great reason to love it! It shows them getting married, learning to live with her fame and finally with her being pregnant...sorry if I've totally just spoiled it, I promise you'd love it despite all I've told you.

My favorite part:
Not to mention, this movie has a beautiful soundtrack!


DAY 15!!! Oh my! I can't believe it's over!!!
The prompt today is what is the greatest compliment you've ever received?

Goodness, I adore how my husband is always loving me with his words. However, I think I'd have to say the best was a student telling me she enjoyed watching me worship. I tend to dance in worship...it's just something I do, I feel it best expresses my joy of singing to my Jesus. When this student told me this, it just filled me up. Of everything I do on this earth I want the Lord to be known, not me. So that was the best compliment, because basically it was compliment of God in me, shining through, and that, my friends, is what living is all about...making our God known!


This challenge was such fun Sar! I am so glad I participated despite the strange hours and doubled challenges. Other challenge goers, I will catch up on reading yalls challenge posts soon! I just haven't had the time to really sit down and read through blogs...but I shall! Though it may be when I get home, so in that case when I post a comment on a blog post a week or so ago just go with it.

I promised I'd share Daytona Beach Camp wrap up today but I don't want to overwhelm this post so hopefully I can get that to you tomorrow. Tomorrow we begin Urban Serve here in Atlanta, Georgia. The second and final week of camp for Party Team 12! It's flying by so fast.

Today, we are going to real church! We are actually headed to the home church of Louie Giglio and Chris Tomlin, called Passion City (they host the Passion college conference too, you should check that out). 


Tonight we have to load in our camp, starting at 6pm! So pray for energy for us and that we can get it done quickly and smoothly so we aren't up too late. See you later bloggers, I'm off to worship my King and be refilled with His Word!


2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you and praying for y'all! Love that you participated, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally jealous that you got to worship at Passion City! Have you been able to meet Chris or Louie at all?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover