Monday, July 2, 2012

Date Night ReCap & Day 2

Good morning lovely bloggers! This morning I'm going to recap a little about our super fun trip to the drive-in for our date night and  it's day 2 of the 15 Day Challenge with Sar at Life of Love.  Let me just tell you, it was a blast!! I totally loved it. Yeah, it was a little run down, and it got pretty warm in our car with no AC blowing but it was so worth it...and I'd definitely go again.
 
  Next time, I might bring a chair though, and camp out outside the car like a ton of other fun people were doing. I loved seeing the groups of kids with blankets and pillows galore piled up in the back of their dad's truck. How fun is that? I wish I was five again! I also need someone with a truck...pronto!

About Brave, cute and fun, sweet but not my favorite Disney Pixar. It was good but I'd probably wait till it's out of theaters if you're not dying to see it. The girl's hair in the movie is quite possibly my favorite part! It reminds me of my best friend's hair...curly and sometimes totally out of control but unbelievably awesome!

Bottom Line: Get your tush to a drive-in!












15 Day Challenge Day 2: Write a [few] six word memoir[s]

First, I'll tell you now that you're not getting any more than one 6-word memoir out of me. Second, If you didn't know what that is, I didn't either, and here's the explanation from Sar's post today:
"Six word memoirs are exactly how it sounds: your life in six words. The history behind it is that Ernest Hemingway was asked to write a complete short story in as few words as possible. His response was, 'For sale: Baby shoes, never worn.' This then errupted into a way to tell sad, sweet, honest tales. Some examples from the book Not Quite What I Was Planning: 

'The miserable childhood leads to royalties.' -Frank McCourt
'I've done it all except hear.' -Mrlee Matlin"
And Third, My 6 word memoir: Loving roots sprout faith and creativity.
Okay, yeah that's lame but I really can't think of a good one. Basically it means that growing up my parents always loved me and gave me freedom to create and try all kinds of new things, leading me to interior design. Their love also led me to the love of Jesus. Together those two things pretty much make up me: I love my Jesus, and I love being immersed in design, and I couldn't go through life without my family, which now includes my sweet supportive husband. :)

If you missed Day 1, I shared some fun, perhaps weird, facts about myself, so you should go check that out here. And for those of you today, you're getting a bonus fact! That's right, get excited...so fact number 16 about me:
16.  I worked for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny in highschool. Yes you read that correctly, and if you want to know more well you can ask or maybe I'll have to make a post about it sometime.

That's all for today friends, see ya later! If you want to join in on our 15 Day Challenge, just go see Sar and join in!

7 comments:

  1. I think your memoir is great! Plus your bonus fact is hilariously awesome...I'm gonna need to see photographic evidence that this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drive-in theaters are awesome! I went to one for the first time a few months ago...ours plays a double feature and since it goes so late I slept completely through the second movie...but it was still fun. I definitely want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your memoir! I totally agree!

    I have yet to experience a drive-in movie. I wish we had them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm we're going to need to see some evidence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the drive-in?? I bet it would work perfect with an infant since I could feed her in the car, etc.

    Love the memoir :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...1) Drive-in theaters are amazing! I wish we had one here where I live.
    2) Your memoire is great :) So sweet.
    3) Your 16th fact makes me laugh. Love it! And would love to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww your 6 word memoir is so sweet! I think it's very true!

    Good luck with the challenge!

    http://answersinthejourney.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover