Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Best. The Embarrassing.

Well here we are, day two of camp, here in Daytona, Florida. So far, so good! The first night went off pretty well. And as I stood in the balcony of the section of the worship center I just could hardly contain myself. The view. Imagine for a second, thousands of students, worshiping...praising Jesus with Chris Tomlin himself leading! It was breathtaking...and Giglio gave a wonderful message that truly touched the students. To see two teen boys embrace each other and pray over one another is pretty much one of the most beautiful moments on earth.

We were on site for camp from 7:30 till 11:30 and you better bet that after being on my feet for about 90% of the day I went straight to bed. Sorry bloggers. So I'm catching up on the yesterday's challenge and giving you today's. Because of this, I'll probably be shorter on these two challenges.

Day 9: Describe the Best Day of Your Life
Goodness...the best day? I have so many! Graduation from High school, starting college, graduating from college this past May, embracing Jesus as my Savior, Kevin proposing (see that here and here and here), our wedding day of course, and every day of our honeymoon.

Our wedding, besides the honeymoon, is the most recent so I'll give you a glimpse into that today. I promised a wedding break down and a honeymoon breakdown...I apologize to you, I am waiting for pictures to tell you all about the wedding, and as for the honeymoon, well I've just been crazy busy.

Our wedding day was beautiful. We began our days apart, per tradition, with our respective parties. The ladies and I got our hair all done up prettifully ( my hair reminded me of a princess, in my head it's not exactly what I envision but I wouldn't have done it any other way now), and hung out with my lovely maids eating sweets and giggling. Our ceremony took my breath away. I walked down the aisle to one of my favorite music pieces, Dawn from Pride and Prejudice,  we spoke our written vows to each other, prayed over each other, mmm our pastor did a wonderful job, and the receptions was so joyous...I'd say more but I'll leave that to the breakdown posts.

Day 10: What is your most embarrassing moment?
I tend to have at least one of these a day however, the one that has gone down in my life history goes all the way back to the 7th grade. Then, in my math class, we all borrow graphing calculators from the teacher. At the end of class, every day, we would count them up and put them away. On this particular day, we counted them up and found we were one short. The class was ordered to check their bags, and look around. I swear that I took my calculator up and put it in that darn bin. So I didn't check my bag. Class was held for 10 minutes into lunch time due to the missing calculator. We eventually were released with instruction to FIND it. I get to the cafeteria, open my back pack and you won't believe what's in there. I crawled back to my teacher later that day and delivered it back. To this day, I promise someone must have dropped it in there. Nevertheless, this happenstance made it's way through the whole school and when graduation day of the 8th grade came and I was given my silly award(everyone got one in my school), mine was: I swear the calculator is not in my backpack. Terrible.

That's all for today bloggers. I'll try and be better! And post more pictures! Join in the challenge! It's not too late!

4 comments:

  1. That's too funny. But I've totally done that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's one of those stories that would haunt me for the rest of my years in school! I hate feeling like I did something wrong even if it was on accident (or due to someone else's actions)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I would feel so bad about the calculator! Even if it wasn't your fault at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man! That's the worst when people can't get over something!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover