Friday, July 6, 2012

Baby Turtles

Good morning bloggers, we made it safely to Bham, Alabama! Husband has to drive one of the Penske trucks for our team so currently we are seated in a waiting room of a clinic so he can do a medical examination report...make sure he is physically able to drive one of these humungo trucks (yes I did just say that)! Dedication, friends, dedication. When we are finished here we will report into StudentLife and meet our team! YAY!

So onward to Day 6:  What's something you've always wanted to do but haven't? Why not?

Something I've always wanted to do but have not yet is see baby turtles hatch and crawl to the sea. Sea turtles are my favorite animal, I don't want a pet one or anything but I just think they're beautiful. Finding Nemo did nothing but confirm the fact that sea turtles are totally cool! 
Growing up we had this painting/illustration of baby sea turtles hatching and crawling to the sea to begin their adult life. I loved this painting and for a while we had plans for my mom to paint it onto my bathroom wall. My bathroom was ocean themed. I even had a pretty good size collection of figurine sea turtles coming from as far as Grand Caymen to as close as Galveston. Texas. The collection is currently in a box in Houston...or maybe in Florida with my mom...it's hard to keep track of my things when they're spread across three states. 

Anyway, it's on my bucket list to watch these little baby sea turtles come to life and crawl to the sea...my why not yet excuse is because it's incredibly difficult to determine when this miraculous event occurs and so fellow bloggers if you know of the best way to figure this out then do share!!
Julia Frost
Ps: I tried desperately hard to find this painting but I couldn't! If and when I locate it and my collection of sea turtles I'll post a picture...until then, use your vivid imaginations.

What have you always wanted to do, but haven't? Let me know and link up with Sar!

6 comments:

  1. Watching sea turtles would be amazing but you have to be up so early to see it happen - I'd be tempted to give them a helping hand but I think it's like a butterfly and it's cocoon part of the struggle makes them stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sea turtles are my favorite! It'd be amazing to be able to watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TURTLES! I love them. What's the best place to watch this happen?

    Here's hoping the drive goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Seeing the baby sea turtles would be amazing! I live about an hour from Virginia Beach & they found a new nest a few days ago. To assure that the babies survived they moved them to the aquarium or something. Seeing the little babies going back into the water would be a once in a life time experience for sure, but I understand why they removed them from the beach...

    -Jessica
    {Sugar in My Grits}
    http://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this, and I agree it would be amazing to see!!! Our new home in Taiwan has a turtle reserve (I'm not really sure if this is what it's called), so Nick and I are going to try our hardest to see the babies hatch this year! You have inspired me to find out when this amazing event happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like my artwork! I came across my piece while I was searching around on google for other sea turtle artworks. I wish you good luck on your journey to find that painting from your childhood. Until then, check out my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/JuliaFrostArtworks or my website www.JuliaFrostArtworks.com (my shameless plug there). I've got lot's more sea turtle paintings and might even be able to paint the one you are describing :) Best of luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Pin It button on image hover